Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hello! My Name is...

Hi! I'm Donna and I have this crazy idea to blog about my single life.

I'm single and I live in the suburbs. Well, I'm not sure if that's totally accurate - the suburb part, I'm absolutely certain about the single part. I do live in a small town - the population in the 2011 census was 1,049 people. However, suburb usually entails being outside of an urban area and, well, I'm at least 60 miles from the nearest major metropolis. It's more like I live in a suburb of a suburb (a college town with more than 116K people). I do live in a subdivision!

Hmm. Now maybe I should have tried Small Town Single for my blog title. All the good single in suburb type titles were taken - though most of the blogs were inactive.

Anyways, here I am. 

I'm no stranger to the blog world. I run a moderately successful book blog called Girl Who Reads. If you are a bookworm, check it out for giveaways, guest author appearances, and the occasional deal on ebooks. You will also find me around the internet in various places (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc) as Girl Who Reads (usually with dashes or underscores between the words). At this time I don't have plans to establishing a Single Gal in Suburbia persona elsewhere, so if you want to connect socially feel free to look up my Girl Who Reads social media outlets.

A little about me...

I'm 36 and never married. I work a full-time admin job and freelance publicity on the side for authors. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats - you'll probably hear a bit about them if you stick around the blog. I have a college education, but not really putting my degree to use. I thought I was going to be an environmentalist with a Ph.D. when I grew up (I wrote the dissertation, but didn't defend).

What will you find here...

I'm not really sure why I've started this blog. It's not like I really have the time for another blog, but there is something about connecting with people online and sharing experiences. I won't lie, lifestyle blogging is big right now and as one interested in freelancing I'm open to where it might take me (if nothing else I might score some free stuff to try).

I'm not terribly witty so I won't try the humor route. Snark and sarcasm are so hard to pull off online, I'm not going anywhere near it. I promise you an honest look at what it's like to be a single girl living in suburbia. Hopefully, we will laugh together and cry together (I'll try to keep the depressive crap to a minimum) and see if we can figure out this thing called life together.

So, welcome to my life! I hope you will stay around and share a little of your life with me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis