Sunday, April 28, 2013

Georgia Renaissance Festival

Yesterday, I went to the Renaissance Festival. It was great fun. The weather was wonderful (seeing as it was raining when I left home I was a bit worried).

We went last year and really enjoyed Barely Balanced - the acrobatic group - and again this year they were amazing. Too bad they share the stage with the Tortuga Twins - in my opinion they are NOT family friendly. We heard the last minute of their show so we could get good seats for the Barely Balanced Fire show and I couldn't believe that was their PG show.

You can check out some of the Barely Balance stunts on their website.

We watched the glass blowing demonstration. While it was cool to see the tankard being made, it was very difficult to hear what the man was saying. We caught one of the Flying Debris shows - I really should have given the guy my card, he's written a kids book. We went to all three jousts. The guy who plays the good knight this year was very nice to look at. I considered getting the $5 pennant just so I could meet him (the knights were signing them after the show). I'm sure he is too young for me.

I did splurge on one item though:



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis