Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Pampered Weekend

Sometimes I really, REALLY, like being single. Sure I have those moments where I wish there was someone to love me or even have dinner with, but for the most part I like my life. Take Friday night for instances.

Shortly before leaving work for the day, I got an email from the library saying the item I had on hold was available. For this particular book, I had to wait a few months just for my library to get a copy in the system and then spent about a month on the waiting list once the book showed up in the system. I was very excited. And even more excited when I realized I didn't have to put on my publicist hat that evening.

Because of allergies (flared up because I mowed the lawn last Sunday), I had an annoying sinus headache. I decided I deserved a little pampering. What better way than a bubble bath with a great book.


I soaked in the tub for OVER AN HOUR. I was pretty engrossed in my book and didn't realize how long it had been. I was quite pruney, but really relaxed. I thought about checking my email after I got out of the tub, but decided I would just climb into bed and read for a little bit more. Once again time slipped by, and as I turned the last page of my book, I realized it was 1:15 AM. I'm NOT a night person and I've been so tired all week. I only get two days to sleep as long as I want. All I could hope was that I would sleep in.

No such luck. At 6:45 am I was wide awake. Well, I'm not sure if wide is the correct term,  but nonetheless I was definitely awake. At least the dogs didn't insist on going out immediately. I was able to enjoy a lazy breakfast, too bad I was too tired to make something good, and watched old re-runs of My Favorite Martian. 

By about 10 am the dogs were getting antsy though.


And I decided to start my day. I needed to grocery shop, but I wanted to get my toes done. I usually go right before Easter, but the weather has been so up and down I wasn't sure if I would get to wear sandals soon enough to make it worth it. I don't think that will be an issue any longer. And since the mall is on the way to the grocery store...


I really enjoyed the Fuchsia last year, I decided to try the purple sparkle. It's something different than the normal reds I use. I also love the massage chairs. I finished up my grocery shopping and took the dogs out to my parents' house to run in the woods.

Now, I'm going to continue my pampering by enjoying my splurge grocery item - Moose Track ice cream from Aldi's.

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. There are some positive/ heck many positive things about being single.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. For the most part I like being single. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Moose Track ice cream! Not my favorite (that would be mint chocolate chip), but definitely in the top three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like mint chocolate chip ice cream. I think it is because it was the only flavor my sister would eat so for her birthday every year we would get a carton. She would get a scoop and not want any more (she doesn't like ice cream) and then I was left to eat the rest of it.

      Delete

ShareThis